HOW IS EARTH CHANGING AND WHAT ARE
THE CONSEQUENCES FOR LIFE ON EARTH?
As part of NASA's Earth Science Program, the Modeling, Analysis, and
Prediction (MAP) Program studies the Earth’s climate
and weather, with particular emphasis on global change. Researchers
around the globe are studying our Earth and trying to answer
questions such as:
- How is the global Earth system changing? (Variability)
- What are the primary forcings of the Earth system? (Forcing)
- How does the Earth system respond to natural and human-induced changes?
- What are the consequences of change in the Earth system for human
- How will the Earth system change in the future, and how can we improve
predictions through advances in remote sensing observations,
data assimilation and modeling? (Prediction)
+ Read More